Experiences software engineer that worked on projects for Fortune 500 companies. Completed undergrad (Mathematics) in Nigeria and masters (Computer Information Systems) in the US.
Experience as a Senior software engineer at Visa (2.5 years)
- Improve performance of relationship extraction models for medical conditions, drugs, diagnostic tests, treatments and procedures.
- Boost Named-Entity Recognition model quality by scaling up entity-level annotation system.
- API Development: Developed resilient and fault-tolerant REST API solutions and batch processing to provide new point-of-sale lending that has onboarded millions of new consumers.
- Event-Driven Architecture: Designed and Implemented event-driven architecture to process and transform multiple streams of events from downstream systems.
- Microservices Architecture: Implemented microservices architecture to loosen tightly coupled backend software systems which reduced application deployment and response time.
- Product Monitoring and Alerts: Led client integration and onboarding by improving product error logs, metrics, monitoring, and alerting system for all critical services which reduced defect analysis and resolution time by 70%.
- Test Automation: Improved feature development and product quality by automating and incorporating functional tests into CI/CD pipelines.
- Database Migration: Implemented Oracle to MYSQL database migration with minimal application downtime and no data corruption or loss.
Experience as a Senior Software engineer at Tesla (1+ years)
- Feature Development: Designing and implementing subscription dunning strategies to reduce consumer subscription churn rate.
- Event-Driven Architecture: Building a publisher-subscriber messaging queue system to provide asynchronous service-to-service communication used in serverless and microservices architecture by downstream and upstream systems.
- Product Monitoring and Alerts: Improving staging and production monitoring and alerting system to better improve user experience during downtime.